Kennie’s Gives Back!
During 2015, Kennie’s Markets has raised over $90,000.00 for many worthwhile organizations. Our loyal customers and employees are the key to us being able to helping local families in need. Kennie’s Markets is committed to improving the quality of life of our families and all of our communities. Kennie’s is extremely proud to continue to actively support these and many other local organizations.
- Community Treasures: Customers may sign up their choice of local non-profit organizations and Kennie’s will rebate up to 1% of the purchases made in the organizations names with a maximum donation of $25,000.00 to all enrolled organizations. Kennie’s has contributed $450,000 to local organizations under this program since it started in 1997.
- Partners in Learning Customers may sign up the local school of their choice and Kennie’s will rebate up to 1% of the purchases made in the Schools names. As of 2016 Kennie’s Markets has donated $300,000.00 to local schools.
- American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Over $13,000 was awarded to the American Cancer Society in 2014. Kennie’s and its great customers have given over $75,000 in the past 5 years.
- American Heart Association The Heart Walk is the American Heart Association’s premiere event for raising funds to save lives from this country’s No. 1 and No. 3 killers – heart disease and stroke. Designed to promote physical activity and heart-healthy living, The Heart Walk creates an environment that’s fun and rewarding for the entire family. Over $ 16,000 was bestowed to the American Heart Association in 2015. Kennie’s has also contributed over $65,000 in the past 5 years.
- Face of America: Kennie’s started supporting the annual bike ride in 2010.
- Holiday Food Baskets: Kennie’s Markets partners with South Central Community Action Programs (SCCAP), Carroll County Food Sunday, and Harvest of Hope Food Pantry. Hunger is a problem affecting many of our neighbors who may be in need of assistance. Kennie’s Markets partners with these food pantries to help provide for the needs of hungry people by gathering and sharing quality food with dignity, compassion and education. Kennie’s and our generous customers have been collecting for this Food Drive since 2008, we have been able to collect and donated over $45,000 worth of food to our communities.
153 North Station Street
Gettysburg, PA 17325
Carroll County Food Sunday
10 Distillery Drive
Westminster, MD 21157
Harvest of Hope Food Pantry
448 Wolfs Church Road
York, PA 17408